Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 6 - Hampi, lock up your daughters, here we come!!!

Well this morning was a normal morning... woke up... got ready.... walked past steve asleep on the floor... walked outside... walked past the security guard asleep outside his little office outside... The cab was waiting for me for about 10 mins because they came early (arrived at 3.10am!). The gate was locked so I needed to wake up the security guard to let me out... he looked embarassed...

Today I'm getting pumped for the journey to Hampi. I still feel a bit sick, its in the chest now so hopefully its in the final stages. After work I picked up some cough medecine for just a buck AUD. Hopefully that'll work. I have some good news though. My mp3 player is working again, so that will come in handy for the trip tonight.

Well didn't do a great deal today, for lunch I went back to the apartment to have one of their omeletes. Yep the same thing, fruit (this time it was lady finger bananas) a glass of juice and their "Masala Omelete". Today it tasted even better than usual though - I guess practice makes perfect.

Praveen reckons that they've been doing the same brekky there for years with previous guests... You'd think they'd wanna mix it up a bit....

After work I went for a walk. I went to the mall that I went to earlier on in the week. Went to a department store named Shopper Stopper, it is just like our Myer. Got a leather black belt for about 15 bucks Australian. I've been meaning to buy a belt for the past 7 years, so it's good I've finally taken the plunge.

I also got some socks, as I don't know where all my socks have gone... Maybe steve lost them in the wash... but I cant remember actually putting them in for a wash... Hmm..

I decided to have dinner at Subway, I thought I wouldn't go too all out seeing as though I have a long journey ahead of me tonight. I had a chicken terriyaki. Unfortunately they dont do Sweet Onion sauce here but everything else was pretty much the same (although the terriyaki sauce is different) I think it was about 3 bucks for a 6 inch which is half the price of what it is in Oz.

I also stumbled off a David Jones like shop up the road called Bangalore Central. They have their own supermarket upstairs. It was a good find as it was pretty decent, and cheap...

Tonight Praveen is meeting me at my apartment at about 7.30pm. We'll then head off to "Majestic" bus station (Which is the same bus station I went to for Mysore - its the main bus stop in Bangalore) So we'll have plenty of time just in case there are any issues with traffic.

I wonder what kind of bus I'll be going in. For the price I'm not expecting much, I don't really care, just as long as there is enough leg room I'll be happy.

Perhaps I'll be traveling in this:


or this??:

I guess I"ll have to wait and see.

Won't be able to update this thing until I get back. So stay tuned for Sunday, I'll tell you alllllllll about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ these posts are long!
...I don't understand these people who go away on holiday and spend the entire time typing at a keyboard. Then when they get back, they realize they could have just read about it on the internet.

Unknown said...

I don't understand how this website knows my name...anyhow, nice one doggins! It now feels like I have traveled there myself.