Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day 4 - Nothing.

Well today I felt a bit sick
At first I thought it was the food at Tiffanys or the drinks at Purple Haze... But as the day went on I started developing a cold. Sneezing all day and my nose is a constant running tap.
By the time it got to 12pm (finishing time) I was feeling pretty sorry for myself....

I went for a walk up to Brigade Rd to look for more shoes, they were still pretty pricey. One pair looked OK and they were about 70 bucks AUD but I will keep looking because surely there are some cheaper shoes out there somewhere!

I walked to the supermarket on MG road and bought some more bottled water and some potato chips. The chips over here are "Lays" which we have in Australia, but the popular flavour isn't original, it is Masala flavour! So I got a packet of those. They were quite good actually, I wish they sold them in Australia

The supermarket wasn't like the supermarkets we're used to... It's pointless buying anything cold in this particular shop because most of the fridges weren't working. One fridge was missing all the doors - and was still turned on and in use... of course everything inside was hot. I wouldn't buy milk from this place...

There was an Australian lady at the check out. I couldn't stop staring at her because it was strange to see a foreigner. Now I know how the locals feel when they see me.

Down the road from the shop was a street vendor selling some pretty good t shirts for just 150 rupees (4 bucks) I bought a shirt that said Bangalore, in size XL. Unfortunately you can't really do your clothes shopping here as their XL is like a medium on me. So it doesn't fit....

I kept walking, feeling increasingly worse but trying to fight it off as much as I could. I then figured I'm probably better off resting tonight so I don't get too sick. So got an auto back home and ordered pizza in for dinner.

The pizza was Pizza Hut, it wasn't very good. Apparantly what I did wrong was ordered the pepperoni, the pepperoni is really gross here (because its made from pork I guess) apparantly the chicken surpreme is the way to go. Pizza hut is quite expensive though, more expensive than "Pizza Corner" and Pizza Corner is much much tastier.

So that was my day. Went to sleep at about 6pm... so it was a shame I wasted a day in India. Oh well, I'll have to do something exciting tomorrow.

By the way, when I first stayed at Sterling Suites I'd wondered what hours these guys work, as they always seem to be there.
I've found that, especially the "butler" (lets call him Steve), so Steve and the security guard I know for a fact work there 24/7. They sleep whenever they think nobody else is around. I've caught them a few times.
When I go to work the security guard actually sleeps on the ground outside at his security guard office.

Steve usually sleeps on the floor outside my room, in the communal kitchen (and where he does all the ironing and washing) Sometimes, during the day, he sleeps at the reception desk. I know this because sometimes I surprise them and come home early.

Oh and also I'm not the only one staying at the hotel, there is an American guy named Ameer (spelling?) from Michigan. I usually know when he's around because he likes to smoke right outside my door, where the communal lounge is...

I wonder if he's sick of their omelete yet

No comments: