Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 11 - The countdown begins

Well, today being Wednesday means it is well and truly over the halfway mark til the Weekend. I leave Bangalore at 5pm on Friday 26th and get back in Brissie at about 7.30pm I guess? on Saturday 27th. (not 100% off the top of my head)

This morning I thought I'd try the buffet breakfast at the Richmond Hotel around the corner. I went at about 8am (my lunch break) and it was pretty good. for 197 rs (less than 6 bucks) they had a mix of Indian breakfast and westerner style food. Eg. some curries + bacon & sausages & eggs & fruit & cereal & juice & naan & much much much more. Plus the chef would cook whatever you like (I'd already filled my plate twice before he asked so I declined his offer)
It was a good brekky!!

This afternoon me, Robin & Michelle went to a restaurant called "Queens" for lunch. It was yet another fantastic meal. We got a Chicken Tikka Masala and a Gobi Munchuri, Mutton Biryani (which is like a fried rice with lamb - apparently prepared completely different than fried rice though), with naan.

For desert I tried the Gulab jamun which is a popular south indian desert. It was pretty good, it tasted similar to a warm cinnamon donut drenched in maple syrup (or you can read exactly what it is here)

After that we went bowling! and it was a close one! It very tense by the end of the game we were on fire. (just kidding) It was a great bowling alley too, better than some bowling alleys in Brisbane... Decent price too for 100 rs a game (3 bucks)
Me: 119
Robin: 76
Michelle: 61

After that we went upstairs to the arcade, the arcade was surprisingly expensive, much similar to Aussie prices (each game was at least 1 aussie dollar) but we had a good time on the basketball game and the car racing.

After that not much, just walked around and when they went home I went to a pub called Styxx (or stix or something) It was pretty quiet, so I had one drink there and left. I had a bulls eye cocktail which was Tequila based with irish cream or something. Not bad for 5 bucks.

No comments: