Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 13 - The End...

Well this is my final post.. I always thought that these 2 weeks would fly by, but to be honest it has gone by quite well, in fact it feels like I've been here for 4 weeks. It's strange to think that I was only in Brisbane exactly 2 weeks ago at time of writing.

Anyway India has been the best experience, everything has been amazing. If I could rewind and go back to any day I think it would be my first day in Bangalore. Everything was so new and so different. Of course Mysore and Hampi are a close 2nd but there was just something special about my first day here, just discovering the area.

Another highlight is definately the food. But I won't talk much more about the food as that is mainly what I've been going on about the whole time!

Of course its the hagglers who really started to annoy me by the end of Day 1 - but once you learn to deal with them it is a piece of cake. Amazingly after a few days it feels like they don't even approach me anymore, maybe its the way I've learnt to deal with them, or maybe they all have seen me around by now I'm not too sure.

But apart from the hagglers the local people are very friendly

It would have been good to see a bit more around Bangalore, like the Nandi Hills or the Bannerghatta National Park but I'm glad I at least saw Mysore and Hampi - and I dont think many people would get to do Mysore AND Hampi in just 2 weekends!

So this morning I spent the morning packing, it's pretty much all done. For breakfast I had my last meal at the Unisys canteen (thank god, because they're pretty awful)


So I guess after work I'll go buy what I've been dreading this whole 2 weeks - McDonalds.
Maybe I'll edit this bit and let you know how I went.

I'd also like to go to Tiffany's one last time but I'm not sure if I'll have time.

So my plane leaves at 5pm from Bangalore. The hotel are going to drive me to the airport around 2pm.

Vidaaya Bhaarata!!!!!

No comments: